Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
African Volcano win Great Taste Awards
South African chef’s marinade and sauce hit a 2:1, both striking gold in the Great Taste Awards Great Britain’s gourmet palates have been set alight by African Volcano, a premium peri peri sauce and marinade that showcases the talents of award-winning chef, Grant Hawthorne. Says Hawthorne: “I am delighted that four months after launching my brand of peri-peri sauce and marinade, they have both won awards in the 2012/13 Great Taste Awards, run by Great Britain’s Guild of Fine Food.” He says, as a chef you’re trained with the mantra: taste, test, taste again. It is all about the taste. “The development of the marinade and sauce to complement each other is reaffirmed, by both winning gold,” The vegetarian-friendly marinade achieved one of less than 700 double gold’s awarded this year, with the sauce achieving gold. The judges described the marinade as: good richness, pleasant after taste” “Peri Peri is not just about chicken,” says Hawthorne, “It can be used to enhance and complement prawns, pork, beef and vegetables – just about anything. People are starting to get adventurous and play with the flavours in a variety of dishes. I’m always on the lookout for new recipes and ideas to Read moreAfrican Volcano win Great Taste Awards is a post from: Food-e-Matters UK

read more UK Food news

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Great Indian Food Feast Newsroom 0 5,364 09-18-2013, 08:30 PM
Last Post: Newsroom
  African Volcano Competition Newsroom 0 5,063 03-15-2013, 02:24 PM
  African Volcano launches in the UK Newsroom 0 5,941 05-17-2012, 06:00 PM
  Welsh Rarebits scoop top awards Newsroom 0 5,033 01-26-2012, 02:49 PM
  Asda to Sponsor World Food Awards Newsroom 0 6,114 01-26-2012, 02:49 PM