Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RAW A Great Success
The organisers of RAW – the artisan wine fair, which took place May 20th-21st at the Old Truman Brewery, are pleased to announce that the independent fair was a huge success, with just over 3,000 visitors attending across the two days. Among the crowds were 1,900 trade visitors including sommeliers and managers from some of London’s top restaurants, plus wine merchants and buyers from around the world.

Visitors were able to sample over 800 wines from more than 200 growers, making RAW one of the most exciting, and certainly the largest, collections of fine, organic and biodynamic wine artisans ever to come together in the capital. As well as tastings, the show featured talks from the world’s leading experts and a selection of incredible food from renowned artisan food producers and restaurants including Neal’s Yard Dairy, Violet Cakes, Ducksoup and Elliot’s Café.

Over 350 producers, press and members of the public gathered to toast the fair’s success on Monday evening with a Georgian supra featuring traditional Georgian food and entertainment from a polyphonic choir.

Isabelle Legeron MW – the first French female Master of Wine and presenter of Travel Channel wine programmes – who was behind the event said: “I am so pleased that RAW was so popular, we’re delighted with the number of visitors and the fact that people had a great time and were impressed by the quality of the wines. We’ve had fantastic feedback from producers and visitors alike. Plans are already underway for next year’s event.”

What people are saying about RAW:

“If natural wine is a niche market, someone forgot to tell the crowd @RAWfair” Robert Macintosh @thirstforwine

“Massive bravo for putting on one of the best wine fairs I’ve ever been to. A real game changer - the space - cool and bright and big, the food - classy and coffee delicious, and the wines, well, I always knew they'd be top $."

Emily O’Hare, The River Café

"May I congratulate all concerned for organising surely one of the most stimulating events of the last ten years in the wine trade. I hope RAW goes from strength to strength."

Matthew Boucher, Cambridge Wine Merchants