Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michelin magic - for one night only
Bryan Webb, Michelin star chef/proprietor at Tyddyn Llan in Denbighshire, will be bringing his culinary delights to Ffresh at the Wales Millennium Centre on Thursday, September 29.

The evening will give Cardiff foodies the opportunity to sample some of the dishes that have made Bryan Webb a star of the culinary firmament.

Some of Bryan’s best-loved dishes include griddled scallops with vegetable relish and rocket; grilled red mullet with aubergine puree, chilli and garlic oil, new season’s rack of Welsh lamb with a vignole of artichokes, peas and broad beans; prune and almond tart with mascarpone and armagnac ice cream.

“It’s always exciting doing a guest chef slot in a new restaurant,” says Bryan. “And I’m delighted to give gourmet food lovers in Cardiff the opportunity to try out some of Tyddyn Llan’s specialities.”

“I’ll be aiming to create a diverse menu to give diners a broad flavour of the food I produce in my kitchen at Tyddyn Llan.”

Bryan is a keen advocate of seasonal food, and sources as much produce as he can locally. He is also keen to support sustainable fishing methods, and the scallops he uses are hand-dived and the sea bass line caught.

“I don’t see the point in clocking up air miles, when seasonal produce is naturally brimming with flavour,” he says. “The menu I create for my guest chef slot at Ffresh will reflect the produce that’s available late in September, and the Indian summer mood.”

*Bryan Webb will be cooking at Ffresh at the Wales Millennium Centre on Thursday, September 29. For further information, please call 01490 440 264 or look up http://www.tyddynllan.co.uk.