Go Back   Food-e-Matters > UK
Home Grant Hawthorne Home Cooking Forums Info
Follow Food-e-Matters on Twitter  

Head Chef Wins Pasta World Championship

Old 07-19-2012, 10:45 AM   #1
Newsroom
Administrator

food-e-matters Head Chef Wins Pasta World Championship

Tempo Restaurant & Bar's Head Chef Yoshi Yamada is the winner of the first Pasta World Championship, held at the Academia Barilla in Parma. As the first centre to be dedicated to the development and promotion of Italian gastronomic culture, the Academia Barilla hosted the three-day Italian Cuisine in the World Forum, during which the Pasta World Championship was held.

Born in Japan, Yamada was brought up in the full awareness of his Italian roots. This is mirrored in his cooking, which revolves around impeccably sourced, seasonal ingredients, handled with care and simplicity. His passion for Italian cuisine was reflected in his winning dish: Barilla Bavette with scampi, clams, mussels and baby squid.

During the five years he has spent in the UK, Yamada has worked at Restaurant Gordon Ramsay in Chelsea, then joining Corbin & King's St Alban, before which, he worked for L'Atelier de Robuchon and managed the patisserie section of an exclusive Italian restaurant in Tokyo. As he was always enamoured with all things Italian, Yamada spent four years cooking in top restaurants in, Sardinia and Florence, as well as at two Michelin starred Don Alfonso in Naples.

Yamada joined Tempo in 2010; located in the heart of Mayfair, the restaurant and bar offers contemporary Italian cuisine, as well as a wide variety of cocktails.

At the Pasta World Championships, Yamada came first out of a total of 24 distinguished international chefs. 'Having won this award is a real honour', Yamada said, 'it shows me that all the passion I put into my cooking, which starts with the careful selection of the ingredients I use, is recognised. I feel very proud to be able to bring this award home and am humbled'.

The winning dish will be available at Tempo Restaurant and Bar, a contemporary Italian restaurant in Curzon Street, Mayfair.
Newsroom is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back  Food-e-Matters > UK